- Discover Jonesboro
- Economic Development
- Your Chamber
- Leadership Programs
Session Will Help Small Businesses Navigate the Affordable Care Act
Submitted by svance on Tue, 11/12/2013 - 14:14
Area small business owners and employees can learn about new health insurance options and requirements for small businesses on November 21st in Jonesboro at “Informed Businesses: Navigating the Affordable Care Act.”
The training is presented by the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center at Arkansas State University in partnership with the Arkansas Insurance Department. There is no charge to attend.
“We want to help Arkansas small business owners understand the law and make informed choices about health insurance coverage for themselves and their employees,” said Janet Roderick, ASBTDC state director.
The session, set for 1-3:00 pm at the ASU Delta Center for Economic Development, will discuss key provisions of the federal health care law – the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 – and the new Health Insurance Marketplace, which opened Oct. 1.
The training will highlight
· The Arkansas Health Connector website
· SHOP, the Small Business Health Options Program
· Compliance and notification requirements that began Oct. 1 for employers
· New tax reporting requirements for employers
· Available tax credits, potential rebates and premium reduction programs
· Potential financial penalties for non-compliance
Pre-registration is required. To register, call 870.972.3517 or visit asbtdc.org/aca.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested in advance. Contact Lois Travis at P.O. Box 2650 State University, AR 72467 or 870.972.3517.
The Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center at Arkansas State University is a partnership of the U.S. Small Business Administration, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock College of Business and Arkansas State University-Jonesboro. ASBTDC assists start-ups, existing businesses and technology businesses. Core services include free consulting and market research plus low- and no-cost training. Learn more at asbtdc.org.
The Arkansas Insurance Department established the Arkansas Health Connector division to manage and implement the new Health Insurance Marketplace in Arkansas in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010. As a state partnership marketplace, AHC is federally funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Farmers Insurance Perry Winn Holds Grand Opening
- Natural State Brick Company Holds Grand Opening
- Library Market Holds Grand Opening
- Nectar Marketing Holds Grand Opening
- Telecomp Holds Ribbon Cutting
- Bare Fit Holds Grand Opening
- Downtown Jonesboro Reveals Latest Mural
- Home Place Furniture Holds Ribbon Cutting
- Jonesboro Recycling Team Holds Ribbon Cutting
- Rhyno Car Wash Opens In Jonesboro
- Kharis Grants Holds Ribbon Cutting
- Adams Pest Control Holds Ribbon Cutting
- Illumination Day Spa Holds Grand Opening
- The Country Liquor Store Holds Ribbon Cutting
- Style Encore Holds Grand Opening